On the Road again.....

|
So today I was out of the office, doing one of my wonderful events. I was working in conjunction with a somewhat local State Representative, well actually one of his flunkies, giving away energy efficient light bulbs. When I call this guy a flunky, I by no means mean it in a bad way, cause hell, to me if you aren't the main man or woman, you are basically someone's flunky, myself included.

So I have to travel across the Land of Lincoln to get to my destination of choice, this time in Arcola, IL. In the heart of Amish Country! YEE HAW!!!

I saw some things that I thought I must share with ya'll in the blog-o-shere, in case you have never been to Amish Country!

This first little sign was what I needed to what out for.....


EEEECK! there's one now!


Then as I was driving along, I stumbled upon this....Even I had never seen one of these before....I bet the Motor City doesn't have one of these....and altho it is a used lot, I wonder where they get the new, off the assembly line jobbers????

**click to enlarge**


Who would have thunk that they have their very own used buggy-lot, where they buy, trade and sell those puppies....Now ya know.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, and look out for those buggy's or is it buggies!?? Whatever....

~Y~

4 comments:

Lemuel said...

We have those "express vehicles" around us in abundance also. We see them especially on Sundays when they are going to "Meeting". Talk about an emissions problem! The shoulders and edges of our roads are littered with their "emissions". ;)

Sorted Lives said...

Ya know, I never thought in all my years living in Illinois there were Amish folk. Who would'da thunk it?

The weekend was wonderful!! Hope you had a great weekend too!

Gooster said...

I wonder if the used buggy salespeople are as annoying as used car salespeople?

Ur-spo said...

i have heard sinister tales the Amish were once big time drug dealers. i hope that is not true.
the drive by shootings alone would be a sight.